A. Proverbs 4:20-22—God’s Prescription for Good Health
1. Verse 22: “For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.”
a. NIV: “They are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.”
b. NLT: “They bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.”
c. GW: “They heal the whole body.”
d. BBE—Strength to all his flesh
2. Health (HEB) = Medicine, remedy, cure, completely healed, physician
3. Take God’s Word as faithfully as you would a prescription.
4. There is no limit to the amount of God’s medicine that you can take.
a. You cannot overdose on God’s Word.
b. So, take as much as you need.
c. There are no negative side effects.
5. The more you take, the more powerful you will become.
a. Hebrews 4:12 (AMP): “For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active,
operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two edged sword, penetrating to the
dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the
deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts
and purposes of the heart.”
b. Psalm 107:20: “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”
c. John 6:63: “The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
Pastors George and Terri Pearsons, KCM, 10 DAYS OF HEALING