Healing in the Plan of Redemption...
B. Isaiah 53:4-5:
“Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken,
smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised
for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
1. Isaiah 53 is a preview of Jesus’ public ministry and His substitutionary death.
a. First Peter 2:24 looks at the fulfillment.
"who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins,
might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed."
2. He was made sick with our sicknesses, diseased with our diseases.
3. Jesus took our place, met every need, satisfied every claim of justice and
made us free from sickness and disease.
a. The devil can’t argue against it.
b. Why should you?
4. Romans 8:37—We are more than conquerors over sickness and disease through Him who loves us.
a. More than conquerors (GK)--
i. Vanquished beyond
ii. Unable to rise again
iii. You don’t have to fight that anymore.
5. Jesus’ triumph is our triumph — Jesus’ victory is our victory.
Pastors George and Terri Pearsons, KCM, 10 DAYS OF HEALING