Now, this was the first major point through which the Blood of Jesus flowed out. But the question has always been,
“Why was it SO brutal?” “Why did He shed His Blood though the body?”
The answer is clear in Scripture:
· Go with me to the book of Isaiah, chapter 53. I pray you’ll never be the same again. Please don’t let these little motion pictures fool you to make you think it wasn’t all that He went through. Do you understand? How would you like your flesh ripped open? When they were finished, it looked like raw hamburger meat. It just wasn’t some whips on His back. These stripes that came and ripped His flesh, tore His flesh off!
Why would He allow Himself to go through this brutality? In Isaiah 53:4, well I want to read verse 3 – the oppression part:
- 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
- 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
- Underline “our griefs.” It wasn’t His; it was ours. Underline “our sorrows.” Not His; but ours. So, the first thing that it tells you He didn’t do this for Him.
yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
- “But, why did You do it?” “Why did You do it?” “Why were You so brutalized?”
Isaiah 53:5 - But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him…
- “But why did You let those stripes get on You?”
… and with his stripes we are healed.
- With His stripes, we are healed. With His stripes, we are healed. With His stripes, we are healed.
- So, why did He allow these stripes to take place on His back? I hear what you’re saying, but I want you to see. I want you to comprehend. I want you to grasp the whole.
Look at the brutality that He went through. Look at the Blood that was shed…for what? So you could be what? Healed! And you’re still going to stay sick?!?!? After everything that he went through to purchase your healing?!? You still just going to stay sick???
...to be continued in tomorrow's post...