I mean, that passage is one of the most significant Scriptures on redemption. It explains the divine exchange that took place when Jesus took our place. The Bible says He bore our griefs and he carried our sorrows. Now, if you really check into this…there was an author (he was a great healing evangelist) – F. F. Bosworth – who was very anointed in this area of healing and He said something in his book to really make it a lot clearer so you could understand exactly what happened here. He emphasized instead of “ours,” he said, “mine.” Mine. He took my griefs and my sorrows. Say that, “He took my griefs and He took my sorrows.”
Translation for the word, “griefs” here is pains. I want to read at least 4 translations so you can see and really grasp the concept of this:
> The American translation says,
- “yet it was our pains that He bore, our sorrows that He carried”
- Now, that word “pain,” “griefs,” is associated with sickness. He took my sickness. It’s associated with disease. He took my disease. He took my afflictions. He took my oppression. He took my infirmities. He took my sufferings. That’s what He took. All of that took place in that scourging was so that Jesus could take FROM you YOUR sickness, YOUR disease, YOUR infirmities, YOUR pains, YOUR oppressions. His back shed the Blood that paid the PRICE so you can be healed.
- If you were to go into a store, pick up a shirt and they tell you it’s been paid for, what do you do? You take the shirt home! Don’t you?!?
- Well, Jesus has paid the price for you to be HEALED and what are we doing?
____“Yeah, but the doctor said…”
____“I ain’t finished with my medicine yet…”
- I’m telling you the price has already been paid!! It’s time for you to take healing home with you!
> The New Translation (the Jewish Bible) says this,
- “Surely our diseases He did bare and our pains He did carry.” Now, check this word, “disease.”
- Jesus bore those stripes and shed His precious Blood there by taking AWAY your diseases. So He actually paid with His Blood to make healing legally available to you and to take your disease away completely. And I mean ALL of them! Somebody shout, “The price has been paid!”
- You notice the word, “sickness” – as Jesus was being scourged by the Roman soldiers, He was taking away our sicknesses. He was making it possible for us to live in sound health. Your sickness can vanish right NOW!! You ain’t listening to me. I said your sickness can vanish right now as you believe what Jesus did on Calvary’s cross – as you believe what He did on Calvary’s cross – as you get a picture of the scourging and the stripes on His back, all these months of suffering and all these years of pain, they can vanish right NOW!!
- IT CAN VANISH NOW!!! If you believe…
> The New American Bible says,
- “Yet it was our infirmities that He bore, our sufferings that He endured.”
- You see it together here in this Scripture. “Infirmities” and “sufferings” – we suffer as a result of our infirmities. But Jesus took away the infirmity thus taking away the suffering. He took both of them away. He took the infirmity away and the suffering had to go with it.
...to be continued until tomorrow's post...