So, let me examine these translations again. I already did it twice, but let me do it again. Let me add a couple of translations.
> The Emphasized Bible says,
- “by His stripes there is healing for us”
- There it is. It’s there for you. If you want to take it home, it’s there for you.
> The Moffat Translation says,
- “the blows that fell to Him have brought us healing”
> The New American Bible says,
- “By His stripes we were”
- WERE… he’s talking about it happened when it was paid for. Back then – WERE! Excuse my English…done done it, were!
> The New English Bible says,
- “And by His scourging, we are healed”
> The Living Bible says,
- “He was lashed and we were healed!”
- Oh, I like that one. They lashed Him and I got healed!
These are different insights that God gave to these scholars concerning you know what happened when Jesus was being scourged. Those blows that fell on Him delivered unto us healing. The scourging He went through was to make us whole. He was lashed and we were healed. It’s already happened! You only need to believe it and it becomes reality in your life!
- The enemy doesn’t want you to know that it’s already happened and therefore you walk around tolerating and putting up with something you don’t have to tolerate and put up with, but you are not convinced that it’s already happened.
- You’re really not the sick trying to get healed, but if you take it off lay-a-way and know it’s already happened, you are always going to be the healed protecting your health from sickness and pain and disease that is trying to take what Jesus has already given to you. You’ve got to start seeing yourself already healed and not trying to get healed. You’re just healed and if you see something like a sneeze then that’s something trying to take what I’ve ALREADY got!
...continued until tomorrow's post...